If you’ve ever attended an auction before, the sound of the auctioneer is both impressive and exciting. The rapid-fire, hard-to-understand and sometimes intimidating sound you hear is known as the auction chant.
Learning the chant is not as difficult as you might expect, although like with anything, it takes practice. Luckily, by breaking down the process you can learn the basics of the chant rather quickly, and from there it’s up to you how far you want to go with it.
10 Steps To Learning The Auction Chant
This tutorial is designed to get you up and running with the basics of the auction chant in ten easy steps. Afterward, you’ll get recommendations for additional training plus links to more advanced articles and resources.
- Why Do Auctioneer’s Talk Fast?
- Getting Started: The Basic Chant
- Drills To Improve Your Chant Tempo
- What Are The Best Auction Filler Words?
- Where You Start Is Super Important
- Breathing Right Is Important Too
- Battling The Nerves
- Tips and Techniques For Practicing Your Chant
- The Auctioneer Mindset
Throughout the world there are numerous auction schools which teach students not only the auction chant, but all aspects of the auction business. In many states, attending these schools is a requirement if you wish to hold an auction license.